Now that school has finished for the summer, I’ve found myself at a bit of a dead-end. I still practice, I’m still reading both academic and non-academic books, and I’m still running errands. I’m still finalizing plans for my trip to California and Nevada next week and I’m still working-out. However, I find that most of the stuff that I have to do is done by about 1pm. Cue me reading countless books and finding my way to Netflix. Here are some of my top picks from the site (in no particular order) – everything from TV shows to movies.
- Lilo & Stitch – Easily my most watched film on Netflix, I could probably quote it word for word. I’m also a fan of Lilo & Stitch 2, but I won’t dedicate that film a separate point.
- Friends – I’m pretty sure this isn’t shown on UK television any more, so I was super pleased to find it on Netflix when I signed up. Cue me watching all 10 seasons in under a semester (I’m still questioning how I managed to actually get my work done..!).
- Gossip Girl – I remember watching this when it was aired on ITV2 in the UK, but our TV signal was super bad around where I lived. Although I knew who Gossip Girl was, I decided to re-watch it. This one took me a little longer to complete – probably 6 or so months, because the episodes are the better part of an hour long.
- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt – My housemates made me watch an episode of this with them once, and from then on, I was hooked. I devoured the second season in about 3 days straight (because it was released so close to finals week, I made the decision to hold off and reward myself after all my exams were over, meaning that I could watch it guilt-free!). I love Kimmy, I love Jacqueline, I love Lillian and I freaking love Titus.
- Baby Daddy – My friend Sarah watches this all the time, and whenever I stay at hers, it’s always on. So I’d seen a few episodes before I decided to watch it. A bit like Kimmy Schmidt, I devoured this show pretty quickly (I mean, episodes are short, so it’s totally ok, right..?) – probably within 4-5 weeks.
- Pretty Little Liars – This is a new one for me, and something I’ve been waiting to watch for a while. I’m only a couple episodes in, but I’m already hooked! It’s kind of a darker Gossip Girl, so let’s see if I like it as much!
- The Inbetweeners – This is the teen staple show if you live in the UK. I always put this on if I’m missing home a little bit. I haven’t actually had to do this for a while, so that’s a good thing, right..?
- Blue Mountain State – The show that I probably should never admit to watching, but I suppose it’s almost an American version of The Inbetweeners, if you’re into that kind of stuff.
- Chalet Girl -I’ve loved this film ever since I first saw it. I don’t watch it very often, but when I do, I settle down with a big blanket and some hot-chocolate, just to pretend that I’m there!
- The Emperor’s New Groove – Just, what a film. I might go re-watch it now!
There are so many other picks that I could have written down (think Bridget Jones, etc. etc.), but this list would have gone on forever! What are your picks on Netflix at the moment..?