I’m a solid 2 weeks into being 22 (I’m writing this post exactly 2 weeks after my birthday). Inspired by this post on mytrendingstories.com (check out my page on that here), as well as various others, I decided to compile a list of things I want to do before I turn 23. 22 things for my 22 years, if you will. Some are travel based, some are more general lifestyle and money based and there are a few fitness based items in there too. There’s a good variety that I so hope I can get done. I’ll be documenting what I manage to achieve here on my blog, so keep checking back in. Alternatively, be sure to follow me on social media to get a first look at what I’m doing when (you can click the tab at the top of my site to be taken directly to my Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and Pinterest).
- Read 22 new books. I’m a real book nerd, I so want to do this. I don’t mind what kind of book it is, but just expanding my literary horizons would be good.
- Join a book club. An add on to 1.. I’d love to find people with similar interests to discuss books with!
- Donate to a worthwhile cause once a month. I did this for a while a few years back but unfortunately got out of the habit once things got hectic. I’m of the opinion that it doesn’t have to be a lot (it could literally be $1), but it helps. I like to choose a different charity each month, too.
- Create a decent savings account. This is a real goal for this year. I want to be able to look at my bank account and not cry because it’s so sad. I want that savings nest egg (at 22, it doesn’t have to be massive) that I know I can use if it all goes wrong at some point. I’ve got a plan, which I won’t share yet – maybe I’ll see how it’s going in a few months time and I’ll share it then.
- Build my blog. I’m eternally grateful for all the people that read this blog. I’d love to continue to build it – I never dreamt in a million years that I’d have people follow my blog when I first started it. I’ve set a goal in my brain for what I’d like to happen with it – I’ll let you know if it happens! P.s., if you’re new, why not hit follow? It’d be nice to see you!
- Keep a journal. I’ve tried and failed at this a huge number of times. But this is something I so want to achieve this year. Just a little thought for each day, not necessarily a “Dear Diary” type thing.
- Visit Niagara Falls. My parents and siblings went while they were in the USA this summer, but I was stuck in Amherst doing my own thing. I’m dying to see the falls, and it’s not too far a drive from me, so I’m gonna do it soon.
- Step on to Canadian soil. I’ve got a list of places that I’d like to see in Canada, so let’s see if I can tick at least one of them off of my list..
- Visit Prague. This has been high on my to-do list for years and I’m going to check it off this year. I promise.
- Visit Copenhagen. If only for the mermaid statue.
- Visit Rome. I went to Italy for the first time this January (see those posts here, here, here, here and here) and I fell in love with it. My friends and I are intending to do some Europe traveling next summer, so I’ll try and squeeze Rome in there somewhere.
- Visit Amsterdam. It’s literally ridiculous that I’ve never gone to Amsterdam. I live a 5 minute drive from the ferry that connects the UK to Holland for an unbelievably cheap price. It’s been somewhere I’ve wanted to visit for years, so let’s see if I can make that happen.
- Visit Vienna. Just because. I’m a music geek, I’m allowed, ok?
- Visit Edinburgh. I’m from the UK & I’ve never been to Edinburgh. It’s been on my to-do list for years now, and I’ve decided that I’ll do it this year.
- Go to Wimbledon. Ok, if I can even get tickets, that’d be an achievement in itself. But aim high, guys.
- Learn to ski (or snowboard, I’m not picky…).
- Be able to run 5k without dying. I’ve tried this numerous times, but I never have the willpower to stick it out. I’m going to do it this year, though. Wish me luck.
- Learn to swim. Not that I can’t swim, I’m just not good or confident. I want to be able to swim properly. Not this doggy paddle stuff, a proper front crawl.
- Hike 22 times. I mean, why not choose 22 as the number? I’m lucky to live in an area surrounded by mountains & hiking trails and I definitely don’t use them as much as I should. So I’m going to this year.
- Do a successful push up. Wish me luck (again).
- Become fit enough to surf again. I last surfed about 4 years ago & I don’t know why I keep putting off going again. Actually, I do know – I don’t feel physically fit enough. So my goal is to become fitter to allow me to get back into surfing.
- Surf again. I just want to surf!
What on your to do list this year? Let me know!