While I know this feels unbelievably early, I actually read a magazine article the other day about how you’re more likely to fail at your New Year resolutions if you try and start them on January 1st. So I’ve been thinking and I’ve decided to list my resolutions here and now, and begin them on December 27th. My list is varied, but achievable, I think. Here goes!
- Save some money: I’ve tried. Trust me I’ve tried, but Christmas has just wiped me out big time! The goal is to get some money put aside (even $500 would be nice) so I don’t feel so stressed about it all the time! Budgets and some serious planning will be happening this winter break, for sure. Hit me up, money!!
- Read more: A constant goal that slips every time I go back to school/university. I think I’ll aim to read a new book every month while I finish my degree – it’s probably unrealistic to expect any more. I’ve got a few new books in my suitcase to read over break (catch that post here).
- Take a day each week to catch my breath: I’m bad at this, and I’ve noticed it particularly over the past few months. I push and push myself and don’t take time to tend to my body and brain. It’s actually quite detrimental for both my physical and mental health, so I’ve decided that I’d like to take a day every week to just breathe and chill. Whether I spend all day in my PJs watching Netflix, or if I end up hiking just because I can, I can’t wait!
- Take my fitness a little more seriously: I go through phases of hitting the gym all the time and just not going at all. I want to be a little more strict about it this year and go/work out 4-5 times a week. Let’s see how that goes…
- Travel more: A forever goal. I want to push myself to visit as many new places as I can afford this year (while saving money, though…). I have a few plans in place, so keep your eyes peeled!
- Spend more time thinking about the positives rather than the negatives: Probably the biggest goal on this list.. Although I have a very happy-go-lucky attitude, I can actually be extremely pessimistic. In 2017, I’d like to spend more time thinking about, and relishing, the good rather than fixating on the bad like I so often do.
Have you set any resolutions? Will you be setting any? Let me know below! If you’re new and liked this post, firstly hello! how are you?. If you really liked this post, why not check out my other posts (using the tabs at the top of the page) and hit the follow button for more?