After recently hitting 100 followers on my blog (doesn’t sound like a major achievement, but it is to me!), I thought I’d hit you all up with 25 facts about me. To anyone who’s been following me since pretty much the dawn of time, thank you. To anyone who’s new here and just started following me, thank you. To anyone who’s super super new and hasn’t clicked follow yet; why not have a lil roam around my site and click the follow button that appears? Love & good things to you all. 1. My favorite book of all time is The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
2. Because I’m British, I was taught to write color with a ‘u’ – like ‘colour.’ Now, neither way actually looks correct and I live a life of uncertainty.
3. I’d never been to America before I moved here. I just hoped for the best, to be honest.
4. I love almost anything avocado based.
5. I’m actually an unashamed cat lady; all my friends have cats and I go over to see the cats, not my friends.
6. I love Marmite. I could eat it off the spoon.
7. I hate the cold (ironic because I live in MA and it’s like super cold for 5 months of the year..).
8. Carbs are my jam; pasta, potatoes, rice, you name it and I love it.
9. My best friend and I bonded over food.
10. My favorite city in the world (so far) is Paris, France. I visited for the first time when I was about 12 and fell in love.
11. In fact, I just love France, period.
12.I have a tendency to pile other people’s feelings on top of my own and have crumbled under the pressure a few times.
13. It’s a toss up between The Little Mermaid and Lilo & Stitch for my favorite film.
14. Instagram is my favorite social media.
15. That’s closely followed by Tumblr.
16. I started watching Pretty Little Liars and ended up despising it.
17. I love the beach at any time of year. I’m lucky enough to be from a seaside town and I actually love walking along it during the winter.
18. I’m so angry with myself for letting my French drop. I was actually pretty good when I left high school, but I’ve not had to speak it for about 5 years.
19. I’ve watched all 10 seasons of Friends on Netflix at least twice over the past 8 months.
20. I got bitten by the travel bug at the grand old age of 20, and two years later it’s still going strong.
21. I have an actual, official, full-blown fear of birds. I’ve vomited from just seeing them before. In fact, there was a point in my life where I wouldn’t go outside without someone with me, just in case. I honestly nearly cried just typing this little point.
22. I want to visit Copenhagen if only to have a picture with the Little Mermaid statue.
23. I love to read, but I just don’t read enough.
24. I ruddy well love giraffes. I feel at one with them (maybe because I’m tall). I also quite like zebras. And hippos.
25. I’m currently on a mission to learn Italian.